Learn how to use the features and functions of Microsoft Excel 2016 with this unique online course. The full course will teach you how to create and format worksheets, use functions, tables, formulas and more. If you already have some experience with Excel and just want to learn certain aspects of the programme, this course can be studied in modules meaning you can pick and choose the specific elements that you most want to concentrate on.
The course is for anyone wanting to learn how to utilise the latest 2016 version of this powerful spreadsheet programme. As Excel is widely used in a variety of job roles such as finance and accounting, management and office administration roles, it is suitable for a wide audience.
The full course is suitable for beginners with little or no experience of the programme; it will help you learn some of the fundamental actions you can carry out in Excel before advancing your knowledge to more in-depth features.
The unique format of this training means you have the option to pick and choose to study individual modules, rather than the full course if preferred. This approach offers flexibility not only to individual learners, but also allows businesses who have a particular learning objective or more bespoke requirements to gain access to our professional, CPD accredited training.
Awarded 1-24 CPD points upon successful completion
This course offers an exciting, innovative approach to online Microsoft Excel training, making studying with us even accessible and adaptable to your needs.
The course focuses on the latest release of this popular spreadsheet programme, Microsoft Office 2016 and is suitable for those at beginner to intermediate level.
Whether you want to learn from the start or are confident in your ability in the programme and just want to brush up on specific functions, the course will allow you to tailor the training to your needs as much as possible.
There are 26 modules in total in this course: –
• Introduction Module: Welcome and course information
• Starting Excel
• Opening & closing Excel, Using SUM and Navigating Excel
• Number Formats and Different File Types
• Autofill, Formulas and Inserting/Deleting Columns & Rows
• Hiding & Unhiding and Aligning & Formatting Cells
• Cut, Copy & Paste, Drag & Drop, Format Painter and Auto Complete
• Text Orientation, Non-Adjacent Data, Freeze & Unfreeze, Zoom and Worksheets
• Styles and Themes
• Configure Worksheets and Workbooks
• Using Functions, Quick Analysis and Sort
• Headers and Footers
• Create and Manage Tables
• Worksheets and Viewing Workbooks
• Introduction to Charts
• Complex Formulas
• Now, Count, Today and If Functions
• Format and Modify Text Using Functions
• Perform Logical Operations Using Functions
• Hidden Worksheets and Financial Functions
• Using Formulas in Grouped Worksheets
• Sparklines and Inserting Images
• Spell Check, Filter and Find & Replace
• Web Pages, Hyperlinks and Conditional Formatting
• Importing a Text File, Customising the Ribbon & the Quick Access Toolbar and Tell Me What You Want To Do
If you choose to study the whole course, it will take you around 24 hours. If you opt to study modules individually, each one will take around 30-45 minutes.
At the end of each module you’ll complete a consolidation exercise which will help you to summarise what you have learned and appraise your understanding.
If you study the full course you’ll take an end of course validation test which, on successful completion, means you will receive a Pitman Training certificate to verify your achievement. If you’re studying modules individually you’ll receive a ‘Course Complete’ certificate which will show that you have participated in this area of study.
To discuss this training and how it can be adapted to your individual or business needs, speak to a Course Advisor in your nearest centre or enquire online and we’ll get back to you.
The aim of this course is to offer a truly flexible way for you to learn the features and functions of Microsoft Excel 2016. So, whether you want to study the full course to get a good all-round understanding of the programme, or you just want to concentrate on specific elements such as formulas or charts, the choice is there.
There are no pre-requisites for the study of this Excel 2016 course, it is suitable for beginners.
As Microsoft Excel is used across such a wide range of job roles, taking the time to learn the latest version of this spreadsheet programme will show your commitment to continuing professional development and help towards your career progression opportunities.