The MTA HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals course is for any aspiring programmers, app developers or web developers. This particular course is suitable for those completely new to this globally recognised mark-up language.
Awarded 40 CPD points upon successful completion
For further information and pricing please fill in your details below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Or, call the team on +254 (0)743144753.
This is an entry level course for anyone who is looking to start their career in technology and programming; designing and creating apps or websites.
This course is broken down into four sessions which are led by an expert in this field. As well as the tutorials, you will be able to take part in interactive labs and have access to pre/post test questions.
The content within this course will help you gain the knowledge required to sit the Microsoft Technology Associate exam 98-375.
There are four sessions within this course:
• Section A: MTA HTML5 Introduction: Welcome, How to Study for the 98-375 Exam.
• Section B: HTML5 Basics: What is HTML?, Tag Rules and Attributes, The First Four Tags and DOCTYPE, Paragraphs, Headings, Hyperlinks, Formatting, Strong and Emphasis Tags, Nesting, Entities, The Mark Tag, Other New HTML5 Tags.
• Section C: Add and Configure Images: The Image Tag, Figures and Captions, Canvas, Scalable Vector Graphics, Choosing Canvas or SVG.
• Section D: Media in HTML5: Video, Audio.
• Section E: Organise Content: Tables, Table Formatting and Captions, The Thead, Tfoot and Tbody Tags, Unordered Lists, Sections, Articles, The Aside and Hr Tags, The Nav Tag, Headers and Footers.
• Section F: Forms: Build a Form, The Input Tag, More Input Tags, Select and Text Area Tags, Data Validation.
• Section G: Session 1 Recap: Domain 2 Test Tips.
• Section A: Core CSS Concepts: Purpose of CSS, Inline Styles, Internal Style Sheets, Classes, External Style Sheets, IDs and Imports, Inheritance and Overrides, Style Inheritance, Content Flow, Troubleshooting CSS, Floating Text, Absolute Positioning, Content Overflow.
• Section B: CSS and UI Content: Box Layouts, Flexbox, Scaling, Order and Arrange Content, Grid Layout and Content, Properties, Grid Templates.
• Section C: CSS and Content Flow: Regions, Columns, Hyphenation, Positioned Floats.
• Section D: CSS and Graphics: Graphics Effects, Rounded Corners and Shadows, Transparency and Gradients, Web Open Font Format, 2-D and 3-D Transformations, Rotations, Skews, Animations, SVG Filter Effects, Canvas.
• Section E: Session 2 Recap: Domain 3 Test Tips.
• Section E: Touch Interfaces and APIs: Gestures and Responses, API Overview, Geolocation, Web Workers, WebSocket, File API.
• Section F: Device and Operating System Resources: In-Memory Resources, Hardware Capabilities.
• Section G: Session 3 Recap: Domain 4 Test Tips.
• Section A: Platform Fundamentals: App Packages and Containers, Credentials and Permission Sets, Host Processes, HTML5 and Table Applications.
• Section B: Manage Application States: Understand States, Local and Session Storage.
• Section C: Debug and Test Touch-Based Apps: Debug Capabilities, Touch Gestures and Testing.
• Section D: Session 4 Recap: Domain 1 Test Tips.
• Section E: Course Recap: Final Test Tips and Conclusion.
The content within this course will prepare you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate 98-375 exam.
This course is most suited to those with little or no previous experience of HTML.
With such a thriving industry as is the case with web development the opportunities to progress your career are numerous. With continued learning and development you could work towards Senior Developer roles or move towards App Development for example.