At Pitman Training, studying in our training centre in Westlands is perfect for helping students utilise all areas of learning. Not only does in-person learning allow our learning coaches to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of students and provide an improved learning environment, but it also allows students that all-important social interaction. So, here are the three top benefits of learning in a training centre which are difficult to replicate in an online-only learning experience.
1. Working in our centre makes learning easier
Even if you set up a schedule, prepare a dedicated space to work and are full of motivation, being productive while studying from home can prove challenging. Be honest with yourself, can you really do your best work when you're surrounded by reminders of chores you need to do, interruptions from family and the distractions of entertainment devices? In our training centre, our students can concentrate better on their learning. Pitman students also have access to technology and equipment they perhaps wouldn't get at home, which in turn allows them a far greater chance of completing their course successfully.
2. Immediate access to learning coaches and tutors
When working in our training centre, our students have immediate access to a learning coach who can give feedback on work or a friendly push if they start to lose motivation. Having this face-to-face interaction with a learning coach can help them access more information and gain a richer understanding of the subject they're studying. Our students feel comforted knowing that someone is there to support them and therefore help them learn more efficiently.
3. Working with like-minded individuals
Socialising is so important when taking an adult learning course. It doesn't just increase wellbeing, it also helps our students take study breaks and enjoy their free time far more. Studying online can often leave students isolated which, when they're frustrated about something, can lead to less ambition to work. Making connections in our training centre gives them access to other students and lecturers from various backgrounds with whom to problem-solve and network.
At Pitman Training, there's no intimidating classroom atmosphere or competition! We ensure a comfortable, safe and friendly learning environment for all adult learners. And with our MyPitman portal, if students need to miss a lesson, they can take the same lesson at another time. In fact, even though we have the flexibility of at-home learning available to our students, our latest graduate survey showed that in August 2023 just 20% preferred to study entirely online whilst the remaining 80% wanted to study in-centre or through a flexible combination of online and in-centre.